How Defender Works
How It Works.
Learn how the ArcMail Defender automatically archives all your email so you can access it whenever and wherever you need it.
- Step 1: Inbound, outbound and internal emails are sent to the mail server. Inbound spam is filtered out.
- Step 2: The mail server makes copies of every email. One copy is sent to the appropriate mail user, the other to the defender.
- Step 3: Mail to the Defender is indexed, compressed and archived.
- Step 4: Users can access Defender via web browser or PDA to search, read and restore emails deleted from the mail server.
- Step 5: The Defender encrypts all data between the appliance and user to ensure data security
- Step 6: When emails are restored, the Defender sends a copy back to the mail server and sends a daily performance evaluation to administrators.
More Info: Download PDF